One of my favorite salads is the Greek salad. The high protein feta cheese, the omega-9 rich olives and the veggies it contains make it a whole source for most of the nutrients we need in a meal, plus it only takes a few minutes to prepare, so why don't you try it out tonight
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon sumak
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives preferably Kalamata
- A heaping half cup crumbled feta cheese
Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, bell pepper, olives in a bowl.
Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, sumak and oregano together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Toss with dressing. Sprinkle cheese over and serve.